Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Acrobatic Chicken

A couple of our young chickens fancy themselves acrobats. 

I do not know what made these birds want to walk on the fence railing around our pool, but it was hilarious! 


These pictures were taken by Rachel several days ago, "For your blog," she said to me. Since then we have had rain, cold, and the first fire of the season. The smells are wonderfully cozy, and the crackling sounds are music to my ears. One of the worst things about all this coziness is trying to drag myself upstairs late at night, away from the fire and into the cold upstairs to get ready for bed. At least the cold combined with the warmth and comfort of my bed makes it easy to fall asleep at night. Sometimes I wish I could hibernate. 

Today the sun is shining and the members of the Pricklepants Society will soon be heading off to Starbucks for warm lunch and cozy book/life discussions. I think I feel like a hot pumpkin-spice latte today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment