Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Aloha 2013



Aloha! Getting together with our friends-like-family on New Year's Eve and throwing a big party has become a tradition for us. Last year our theme was Pirates. "Arrgh!" And this year we had a luau. We placed palm trees among the snowflakes and leis around the snowmen, and my Dad built a hot enough fire so we could wear our Hawaiian shirts and sun dresses without freezing.

Picking out our theme for 2013 took some thinking, and our ideas included "Hurray for Hollywood" and a "Disney Ball." However, my aunt was not able join us for New Year's this year and it would be simply wrong to have a Disney Ball without her. I think she's Mickey and Minnie's biggest fan!

Inspired by upcoming trips to Hawaii, we finally decided on a luau. My mom and I will be meeting my aunt and uncle on Oahu this April for my graduation trip. I'm really looking forward to walking on the beach, breathing in the tropical air, and seeing the sights on the island. Plus I get to spend it with my cool Mom, aunt, and uncle. (Aunt Cindy and Uncle Cliff, we miss you so much.)

Happy New Year!




  

1 comment: