Sunday, February 17, 2013

Saturday Activities

Friday morning my parents flew down to LA for a family reunion and returned late last night. So us four kids had a fun day of rest. (My brother took this quite seriously and napped for a good portion of the day.)

We girls spent the day trying new foods, (homemade by Elizabeth,) watching some of our favorite old TV shows, playing Epic Mickey II (one of our new favorite video games), and making crafts.




 I started working on a hooded capelet. The yarn is really soft! It's also much bigger and chunkier than I'm used to so it's been a little more difficult to knit than other yarns I've worked with, but I like an occasional challenge, and sometimes I crave trying and learning new things. Like learning to knit around in such a way that it makes a tube, as shown above.

I also used stitch markers for the first time.

That blue object is a stitch marker. It helps me keep track of where I began the row. 
Elizabeth also got an itch to craft, so she decorated these candle holders with glitter glue and craft jewels.


She also made this vase.
 I think they turned out great. Did you notice all the "hidden" Mickeys? They're ready just in time for the arrival of my Disney-Loving aunt this Thursday.


1 comment: