Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Return of Frogs

Ah, March. The first month of spring, my favorite season. Although there are still a few weeks left before spring officially begins, it feels like spring has already started. A small selection of flowers, mostly daffodils, are either blooming or just starting to peek out at the world. Even a few of the trees are producing tiny buds for leaves. I've missed abundant green leaves on the trees in these barren months.

Yesterday, while helping Mom out with some spring cleaning in the garden, I heard an unmistakable sound of the warm seasons: the croaking of frogs! What a beautiful sound it was. In the blue evening twilight, with the frogs singing outside, it even began to feel like summer.

I think what I miss most about summer, aside from the thriving foliage in the garden, is the long evenings, when the sun stays up until eight or nine o' clock, and the temperature is warm but cool in comparison with the hot afternoons. As the days lengthen I grow happier and more excited for the approaching warm seasons. I even drifted off to sleep last night to the serenading of frogs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment