Friday, June 21, 2013

The First Day of Summer


It's the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year! After a few weeks of chilly Norway summer (as my Mom affectionately calls it) I'm once again ready for summer's heat. Not to mention the flowers.








While discovering all these treasures in the garden I also discovered how addicting it can be snapping pictures of such a beautiful place.







Runty is not as cute as the puffy little chicks that are everywhere this year (see my sister's blog, Pursuing a Jeffersonian Education, for chick details) but he's still a fine figure of a bird.



Tonight we will celebrate the longest day of the year by spending a late evening outdoors, feasting, talking, laughing, and maybe even a little swim.

Beauty is all around us, outside...

...and in. 
Happy first day of Summer!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your pictures do the garden justice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that the 21st was the solstice. Guess I shoulda read your post earlier. ;) Beautiful pics... and you remind Runty that he was a cute chick at one point, too. hahaha

    ReplyDelete