Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Up A Road Slowly

Three days ago, I turned eighteen and officially entered my life as an adult. 

Interestingly, at this time of transition for myself, the Harold B. Pricklepants Society is reading one of my very favorite books of all time. It's simply the story of a girl growing up. When I read it I feel like I'm reading Julie Trelling's journal.  I love stories about fellow writers.

Now I've grown up, or have I? I feel that I still have such a long way to go. 

Like Julie, I am walking up a road slowly, wondering what is at the end.

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy 18th Birthday! Keep walking slowly - the view is better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I used to keep up with your men when she blogged so it's nice to see you growing. She posted a very funny video of you years ago. Can't remember now what it was about but it was good! I think you got your hands on the video camera and just had a bit of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the clever people never quite grow up!

    ReplyDelete