Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Challenge

How the weeks have flown. Can it really be March? Was I not just celebrating the Winter Solstice amongst the daffodils? And already it is Mardi Gras, soon to be Lent and the countdown for Easter.

While sitting around the table, feasting on delicious new pancakes with English bacon that just the thought of makes me hungry, the subject of Lent came up. What should we give up for forty days? A year or two ago it was chocolate, but recently we have already chosen to stop eating chocolate, except on a special occasion. Hmm. What to do? Then Mom came up with an idea: Instead of giving something up, why don't we add something. Do something each day for the next forty days, something enriching. We might form some good habits. But what? Then came the perfect answer: blog.

In the whirlwind of life, I fear my writing has suffered some neglect. This poor blog has missed Christmas, New Year's, and the first tender months of the year. And so I begin again. For the next forty days I and my fellow writers shall post something on our blogs each day.

What shall I write? Anything I want. But what if I run out of ideas? That's a silly thing to ask. What if I run out of time? That is a more serious question. Time is a fleeting thing, and some days I don't find the time to write. I would rather read with my spare moments, or sip a cup of tea and visit with someone.

I will make time for blogging, that is the answer.  

1 comment: