Sunday, May 26, 2013

I've Moved to France!





 Without leaving my house at all! Our home has been undergoing some changes. My older sister and cousin are moving into the guest house nextdoor. Both my parents used to have offices there but have recently moved them back to our home base.


This lovely curtain, depicting a French cafe, used to hide the sliding mirror closet doors in my Mom's office, but since she doesn't need them now, and I just so happen to have closet doors identical to those in her previous office, they've been given to me. I think they add a lovely new touch to my room.

As of last night my room has undergone several small renovations. Aside from the curtains we moved some pictures,

 
 


 and with help from Elizabeth, I even redid the space on my dresser.
 
 
 

 It is now almost solely devoted to music (something I'm sure I can't live without) and is a lot less cluttery. I think it looks much better than before.

As to the rest of the house, Mom and I have been unpacking and moving the unbelievable collection of books we've accumilated, and Dad has been relocating a piece or two of artwork. (Mom collects books, Dad collects artwork.)

Mom's new tea library.

A lot of books stacked against an upstairs hallway wall. Soon we'll have bookshelves for them.

And Daddy's art gallery.
 






3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. I especially like the curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love being your co-designer/organizer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love that curtain! Do you think there is one overlooking the bridge of the Enterprise? :-D

    ReplyDelete