Friday, May 17, 2013

Too Lazy

 Lately I have been just too lazy to blog. Too many good books to read, games to play, movies to watch... same old same old.

I am also too lazy to post pictures of my recent trip to Hawaii, so you'll just have to take my word for it that it was wonderful. We stayed on the quiet North Shore of Oahu, in a welcoming condo not twenty feet away from a sandy beach and the pounding waves of the ocean. Yep, it was paradise. The week went far too quickly for all of us, with drives around the beautiful island, visits to Waikiki (and the worst traffic I have ever seen!), and walks on every beach we could find. I even swam in the ocean for the first time, in what turned out to be a very dangerous part of the ocean at that time of the afternoon. It was pretty choppy but I came out of it okay. And we saw at least six sea turtles in the water! One morning we saw one right on the beach outside our condo, just hanging out waiting for the tide to come in.

But our Aloha time on the island ran out! Or did it? Mom, Aunt Cindy and I packed plenty of Aloha in our suitcases in the form of Hawaiian dresses, jewelry, and flowers for our hair and vowed to bring the Aloha home. Hence my blog, along with the rest of my life, is on island time. Aloha!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment